Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Golden Fragments and Thoughts from Old Wessex

The last hours of April before she disappears over the greening hills for another year...
Through ancient woodland awash with bluebells, I followed the deer track. Bewitched by April’s scent, lost in a world away from concrete and roads. 
This world of layered leaf and broken branch, birdsong and new life unfolding. It breathes, quiet, and yet I do not feel alone. All that has passed over this land is still here. Ghost steps, echoes of stories left behind. A single piece of litter carelessly discarded pierces a sad reminder into my heart, that time has moved on. And yet I see horses, horses of old, a procession of them and leading in front a white one with a ragged mane. This old Wessex path, a hawk short flight from Chippenham, is still Alfred’s land.
Ghosts of gold, cuckoo flowers and golden fields.
Apple blossom and golden dusted eggs
Sweet flower cake
Easter time. Precious moments with family.
And a new addition to the Moonlight and Hares studio. Pale pink velvet, complete with sparkly horn and fluffy mane, a unicorn.
Found in a local shop one Saturday whilst  browsing, How could I resist bringing her home with me to watch over and enchant all things with a little more magic when working. 
                                                   

Enjoy your May day tomorrow and don't forget to bathe your face in the morning dew ;) x
                                                        
                                                              ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
P.S
Thank you for stopping by here and commenting. This blog seems to be having a few problems lately with the size of font and I've been unable to reply to comments, but think I may possibly have sussed it now? ( the commenting bit at least) Fingers crossed? Also, sadly the music has had to go! :(  I've always loved putting music on here, even to the extent I kept it as an HTTP site for as long as possible rather than secure HTTPS. Now though it was time to go to the more secure site settings but that has meant the music player is no longer compatible. I may find a way around this but at the moment we are silent here. Another reason it had to go for now, is because of the much stricter laws of sharing content etc that have recently come into force. In the meantime I may try and embed some of my Son's music, we shall see?

8 comments:

  1. Much appreciated your April thoughts and the inspiring skilful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos and thoughts - the golden sunlit dandelions! A beautiful time of the year's great wheel.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Beautiful indeed. There is so much to see this time of year, it is truly a feast and balm for the eyes and soul.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! I love how you talk of the layers of history, that you don't feel alone there. I love visiting your little village.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. It's strange but I always feel so much warmth from old places. I believe I am probably an old soul as have always felt old even as a child. One of these fine days we must meet up when you are in the village x

      Delete
  4. Hello Karen. I'm sad, too, the music had to go. It added so much to the magic of your site while reading your delightful posts. The music was a gateway to your world, like a film score to a favorite movie. I was introduced to musical artists I would otherwise not have known. I understand the restrictions you face as I am a musician. Thank you for your efforts. I bought your wonderful painting of girl with crow on shoulder as a gift. What an incredible painting. I come often to your site to read, to sit awhile and be comforted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I know . :( .. I so loved looking for the different music to add to posts. Music is important to me as it inspires me and not a day goes by when I don't listen to it. I'm still trying to figure a way out to get some on, somehow, so will keep trying. Thank you for buying the print and so pleased you liked it x

      Delete

Thanks so much you for leaving me a comment.
It's great to hear from you! :-)