Sunday, November 13, 2011

November Mists And Cracklings

Misted, smoky, damp days of November are here. I love their scent. Sweet browning fallen apples, tangled with leaves fermenting on mossy damp lawns. The sharp temperature drop at night  mixed with wood smoke that spirals out of cottage chimneys. Warmth beckons from cosy windows looking so much more inviting at this time of year. It's that time to dig out hats, scarves, gloves and big socks that come up to the knees again.
Skies have been illuminated with flame and cracklings.
While outside is Autumn, inside has been one step ahead.
Winter and Christmas has stopped by at my desk.
Holly and Mistletoe hares to be added to my Etsy shop.
                         




 And some more pendants.

 I've just finished reading a story with a unicorn. It also had wonderful dragons, magic and Glastonbury woven into it's pages too and the theme of the story is so current and relevant to today. I won't give too much away but suggest you go and read more! The book is called  'Tilly Greenway And The Secrets Of The Ancient Keys' By Essi Tolling. 'Watchers' is book one of a trilogy. There is an Amazon link on the right side bar. I think it would make a wonderful Christmas gift for an older child or teen? Or if you are like I am... then of course also yourself. ;)
I love the way that books now have trailers, what a great idea. I found this one on you tube.



15 comments:

  1. Oh those are beautiful blues and greens in the pendants! I do love these damp autumn days too, the early nightfall not so much; we surreptitiously light candles to keep the gloom away. I'm very excited that on Thursday I'm going to the Country Living Christmas Fair for the first time; it will be so "proper" compared to the tacky, soulless decorations already appearing in the shops.
    stay cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that books now had trailers!I really enjoyed listening to this one and now I'm wondering if there's an audio version I could buy.
    Your christmas hares are gorgeous! I've just received the lovely print from you and now I'm tempted once again!
    Jess x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This beautiful post has got me in the mood for the season (I have been lamenting summer until now). Thank you for sharing your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty... Ooh how lovely! Enjoy the show. It's always one I've been meaning to get to but never have yet. x
    Purpletreebird...
    Jess I didn't know either until fairly recently. I agree an audio book would be wonderful, though not sure there is one yet? Thanks for your order and so glad that you liked the print.xx

    Bella...I must admit I was tempted to play seasonal music when I made these hares, but didn't give in to the temptation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you've just managed to shake me out of the glums - my winter stupor seems to have arrived early this year but the sight of the holly hare bounding around has dispelled it quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that Tonia. :) It is very grey here today and the sky is filled with rook chatter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meaning that you were shaken out of the glums, and not that it's come early! Thought I'd better clarify that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the winter hares and the whole post including the u tube film.Winter is so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous images, loving the new pendants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great imagery - photos and paintings. That book sounds wonderful... for ME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful new pieces. I love taking a walk on a crisp night and smelling a wood fire. I always listen to your playlist when I am painting, very soothing:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such graceful and moving pieces.....Truly magical.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I retreat to the woods for a blog break and Thanksgiving--this little gift for you to thank you for all the pleasure your posts bring to me--

    Moon man
    http://youtu.be/DljyC2r9rNA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your post, beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much you for leaving me a comment.
It's great to hear from you! :-)