Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sometimes there are no words.

I have been back from my travels for two weeks now. It seems longer. I feel very blessed to have returned home safely, with a heart filled with so many treasured moments. I've several times began to write and share here, but each time have found that words did not really want to come. Maybe there are no words to explain sometimes. But there is a feeling. In my heart it's a ball of light, warm as the African sun and wide as the widest of African smiles. It sparkles like the light in the eyes of a baby elephant. It's as soul stirring as a lions roar, as heartbreaking as the peril of a rhino, as captivating as the golden path that reveals itself each sunset on the zambezi river. And it's as beautiful as the rainbow that stretches timeless, across Mosi -oa -Tunya.
Do not stop dreaming!
One day your world-peace-dream
will inundate the entire world.
-Sri Chinmoy-
"Harm no other beings.  They are just your brothers and sisters"
  -Buddha
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."
  Native American (Huron) Proverb
 ♥ 
We saw so many beautiful creatures at various places during our stay. I have many many photo's, these are but a few. One of the magical highlights though was visiting the sanctuary 'Wild is Life
One of their recent additions is a baby elephant named Moyo. 
Below, with my daughter. :)
 
Such a special inspiring place filled with love 
Here is me with Sweetpea the Kudu. A very dear old lady.
I am so glad that I shared a moment with her, as sadly a week after  returning home, we heard that she had passed away. 
*** 
If you would like to donate to Zimbabwe's Wild is Life charity, sponsor an animal or help them with their rescue and newly formed elephant nursery. Take a look here  Every little helps.  
***

"I see a world in the future in which we understand that all life is related to us and we treat that life with great humility and respect." 
-David Suzuki


24 comments:

  1. Such awe at the world in which we live. Beautiful, heartwarming photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing isn't it. We live in paradise, if only people woke up to realise. x

      Delete
  2. Dear Karen, these photos are breathtaking! I look at them over and over again, I simply can't stop.:) And all the quotes you've chosen make the post very special for our thirsty for beauty and hope for good souls...
    I think that once fallen in love with Africa, one carries it in his heart forever!!
    I'm glad I saw you - you look so happy!

    P.S. I have lots of photos from Kenya that I never posted, because it's not possible.It's really quite difficult to choose what to share.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that you enjoyed seeing them and I hope that your thirst was partially quenched! I do look happy, I don't often like to share pictures of myself, but thought the time was right for another one,and how could I not when I also had the lovely Kudu lady with me. Hehe ;) x

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful words and pictures. You are a gifted photographer. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures! Would you be able to tell me which song by Mars Lasar is playing here? Thanks! :-) And welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course, it's called 'Sapphire dreams' :)

      Delete
    2. thank you, its so beautiful - and suits your art so well.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Lou. :) Happy times but sad too, as we had to say goodbye and leave family behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was actually moved to tears by this post. Thank you for sharing Karen :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for reading, I'm glad that it touched you. xxx

      Delete
  7. My home, my beautiful home. Thank you for your photos - in a strange way they made me both happy and so very sad. Thank you - and I mean that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whereabouts did you live Hawthorn? x

      Delete
    2. Salisbury, Bulaway and Gwelo. And you?

      Delete
    3. I'm from here in Wiltshire Hawthorn, it's my husband that is Zimbabwean. He came from Karoi. :)

      Delete
  8. I know how you feel when words don't come but yours did! And so beautifully! What an amazing trip you've had. Your photos are stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suppose they did in the end didn't they. It's funny how sometimes words just don't want to come though isn't it. :)
    It was an amazing trip Jess and so lovely to go back there after all these years and wonderful for my husband to show his children his homeland. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. such beautiful photos Karen! thank you so very much for sharing, I can see that you had an incredible holiday. I grew up in Zambia and the mosi o tunya is a fond place for me. Love the pangolin and the kudu! and the baby elephant is precious :) thank you, Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very happy to be able to visit your site , and can be very happy if you could go back look to our site ..

    obat bius | obat tidur | apotik obat tidur
    jual obat bius | jual obat tidur | apotik obat bius

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much you for leaving me a comment.
It's great to hear from you! :-)