Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jurassic Coast


We had a lovely day at Lyme Regis last Friday and found this amazing fossil shelf full of ammonites.


I felt about as old as a dinosaur myself after not sleeping well the previous night! The children got in the sea but I didn't brave it. I know ice cold water swimming is apparently supposed to have many health benefits, however I decided to stay wrapped up snug and warm on the beach. I'll go for the benefits another day!

These are some of the birds and hares I've been busy with. This basketful are destined for a local shop.

1 comment:

  1. Our water here on the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick, Canada is icy cold too.. but there is usually one day in July we can stick our toes in to cool off..
    This ammonite shelf is amazing!!! we all have collected fossils for ever and to see this would send us to the moon...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much you for leaving me a comment.
It's great to hear from you! :-)