Tuesday, February 27, 2018

First Bee of Spring, Hares, and a Birthday

Now that the seasons are changing, primroses are in flower much earlier than they ever were. The climate is warmer which means bees and other insects wake up and are active earlier. I saw my first huge bumble bee this year around the beginning of February. Luckily there were lots of primrose, snowdrop and crocus around for this beautiful queen to feast upon. I'm sure she was a queen  because she was huge. To honour her wonderful majesty, I created a little painting.
This painting will be available in my next shop update. (tbc)
 We have been  enjoying the February sunlight and warmth through the glass.
Although the weather has turned chilly here today and we have even had some flakes of snow fall.
It was definitely a thermal trousers kind of day.
On my desk this month, I've been playing about designing some new shapes for the hares this Spring.
And with lots of tea to keep me going, creating some with the older regular shape too.
All of these hares will be leaping off to an exhibition at the Masham Gallery in Yorkshire  'Race The Wind' The exhibition begins on March 9th and continues until 23rd April. www.mashamgallery.co.uk
Many of my customers are from the Yorkshire area, so do stop and take a look and say a little hello to my hares if you live nearby. Or maybe even go and buy one there. Don't forget it's Mothers Day on the 11th March so you may want to treat someone special or even yourself.  ;-)

Can you believe it!? This blog is 10 years old! Well officially on the 29th February, but as there isn't one this year, then I'm going to wish it a Happy Birthday now.
So a big thank you to anyone that visits, reads, comments etc... I hope you enjoy this little place of gentle things.
 x

25 comments:

  1. Happy 10th blog-birthday. Thanks for sharing so many of your wonderful artful visions over the years! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please list some of these beautiful hares on Etsy soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another batch for Etsy will be on their way later in the Spring. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy blogoversary! We're all blessed that you share your magical world with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog birthday! I so much love your vision of the world. Thank you for the ongoing inspiration you provide <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 10th Anniversary, may you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hares happy blog birthday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blog anniversary, and t he Hares are magical xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you make such beautiful, magical things! oh, and i have serious window envy...diamond leaded glass and starry curtains...lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's kind of you to say :) I only have two diamond lead windows in the house, it's a bit of a wish mash of old and newer and newish

      Delete
  9. Happy 10th anniversary! Your blog has been a quiet place for me over the years. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading this on the 2nd day of being snowed in and can hardly believe this was 3 days ago. How things have changed since then! I cannot tell you how much I love these new hares of yours! Happy anniversary to your blog! I've been very neglectful of mine, spending most of my online time on Instagram.I keep promising myself I'll do a blogpost soon. ;)
    Let's hope those bees will be able to buzz around again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jess. I know what a few days we all had. Exciting but just a memory now as the primroses look as happy as a daisy today in the sun even though they are primroses ;) x

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday to you and your blog.
    Lovely to consider the first bee. I have seen some tiny moths in my firewood and a couple flies in my cabin..... but the rest will be slower coming with the amount of snow we got this year. I am guessing it will take a month to melt away. Your art is all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh happy anniversary! I love your queen bee. I just read that we should watch for swarming as queen sets up her hive...fascinating. I love all creatures, great and small, as they say....love insects and have stopped using all chemicals in my garden years ago. All I can do is do my part....love your star curtains...its so you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your blog and on your art. Everything is beautiful around here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love insects and have stopped using all chemicals in my garden years ago. All I can do is do my part....love your star curtains...its so you

    ** สูตรบาคาร่า**

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful bee. I like the new hare shapes too. Lovely music as usual. Congratulations on ten years. I don't often comment, but always enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so talented. I love your creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much you for leaving me a comment.
It's great to hear from you! :-)