Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Another Journey Begins

My sleepy winter self is stirring now the days are getting lighter.  I hope you dear readers had a wonderful Christmas time and I wish you all a rather belated Happy New Year!
I will begin by sharing with you a painting that I did in the last quiet days of December.
                                                    'Another Journey begins'
It's a beginning and an ending. As 2017 drew to a close I thought about what the year had brought and wanted to do a little picture to honour my dear feathered friend who I lost that year. 

I've been quietly recharging on these January days. Wandering beneath the apple trees looking for the wind fallen oak moss and collecting kindling to lay the fire at night. Sitting beneath the golden tails of hazel catkins with a mug of hot spiced berry juice and delighting in the snowdrops return. This has been my 2018 so far.
 My sleepy hibernating self is reflected in this recent work.
'The Quiet Sleep Of Stars'
Although quiet I've been quite busy spending some time designing new cards. I re-designed the bee card that I previously used to sell as a hand made card edged with glitter. Now it comes all printed, including the glitter effect.    
The next card, was using the small image Moth Spell that I created last summer.
'Stay wild and enchanted'
And lastly my heart images have also been added to cards in the shop ready for Valentines day.
I finished a little donation piece for the 2018 Twitter art exhibition which this year takes place in Australia. This year all money raised will go to a riding for the disabled charity. in Canberra.
'Origin' 

With the beginnings of a brand new year, my little white hare decided it was time for him to dust off his magical wooden staff and prepare himself for an adventure. The mountains are calling and he longs to see the silver lakes again and to head for the wild wood once more.

"Then something Tookish woke up inside of him and he wished to go and see the great mountains and hear the pine trees and the waterfalls and explore the caves and wear a sword instead of a walking stick."~ JRR Tolkien
Well this hare doesn't need sword, as his walking stick is rather special ;-)
The picture evolved from playing with ink. Once dry I could see a landscape. Forests and distant mountains, silvery lakes in the soft swirls and watery marks. And so the map was born and the continued travels in a Tolkien inspired landscape.
Where he is heading? Well that my dear readers we shall have to wait to find to out?

 'No half heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly'~JRRTolkien

Karen 
x

27 comments:

  1. Happy New Year.
    Your work is beautiful and so is your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magical and beautiful - how I love your posts!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and magical as always, especially while listening to your choice of music xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maura. Glad you enjoy my choice of music ;) x

      Delete
  4. I so enjoy seeing your art. there is an enchantment in it that is very healing in these times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad that you think so x

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the snowdrops! We dont get many here in the US and with Imbolc approaching... Manu thanks! I will surely follow the white hare on his new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a wonderful sight to see aren't they, popping up in the cold. This year they have stayed a long time too as the temperature has been low. :)

      Delete
  6. So much gentle, tender-hearted beauty and magic. Visiting your space here always brings me such peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Karen for the swift arrival of the Velentine and other cards I bought this week. Less than 48 hours from order to delivery. Fab service and more importantly they are lovely cards too. Congratulations too on the 10 year anniversary of the Blog, keep writing we all love reading your news from the artist of Wiltshire. Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew for buying and supporting my work. So delighted that you are happy with them. :)

      Delete
  8. I rarely leave comments but I had to let you know your bog has always given me a sense of peace and magic. Thank you and blessing in this new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really appreciate that you've taken the time to comment and that this little place on the web touches you Cat. x

      Delete
  9. Magpie by Unthanks ... great choice of music ... gotta love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoy seeing your art.Thank you for the snowdrops!
    http://grsshoes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by to visit. So happy you like :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Karen, Always love the gentle beauty of your work. You paint as magically with your words too! Out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what gold paint do you use?, as it is particulary beautiful. xxx Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I use all Winsor and Newton paints x

      Delete
  12. Your time in hibernation has produced such an amazing array of beauty!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jess :) Winter always inspires me more than other seasons x

      Delete
  13. Thank you for the snowdrops! We dont get many here in the US and with Imbolc approaching... Manu thanks! I will surely follow the white hare on his new adventures.

    ** HolidayPalace**

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much you for leaving me a comment.
It's great to hear from you! :-)